Affinity Psychological Services is on a mission to provide a professional home to every awesome mental health worker in need of a more enjoyable, sustainable lifestyle.
Our anti-burnout culture is woven into every decision we make. This includes our industry-challenging low session minimums (to meet eligibility for full-time benefits) AND the ability to make significantly higher pay than you could at an agency or clinic.
Click on the dropdowns to see all the details of our pay and benefits!
We are proud to offer our staff the professional support, excellent benefits, and camaraderie of a secure employment experience; alongside true autonomy, complete schedule flexibility, and freedom from micromanagement in how you do your work. Yes, it really is possible to have the best of both worlds, and we’re proving it!
You may be a great fit here if you are:
- A therapist who loves your work and believes this profession is more than a job, it’s a privilege.
- A provider with experience and passion for working with oppressed, marginalized, disenfranchised folks including BIPOC, queer clients, and/or trans/non-binary clients. (Those who identify as marginalized, BIPOC, LGBTQI+ are highly encouraged to apply!)
- A clinician who is ambitious to make a big impact in the world, and would rather do that as a part of a team than going it on your own.
- Confident in your ability to connect with people and help them achieve their goals.
- Constantly learning, growing, and improving – as a therapist and as a human.
- Looking for a professional home where you can bring your full, authentic self to work.
- Ready for a private practice lifestyle without the stress and time commitment of managing the business side.
- Willing to be vulnerable, open, and welcoming of the giving and receiving of feedback, because that’s a big part of how we grow as professionals!
- Supremely comfortable with technology – from EHRs to teletherapy to shared drives. You know your way around the digital world, and you have no doubt you can connect with clients and effectively provide your services via video sessions when needed.
- Committed to team relationship-building virtually and/or in-person.
Who we are:
- Queer-female-owned; committed to anti-racism, equality, and embracing and celebrating of diversity in all of its forms.
- Not just tolerant, but welcoming of everyone who steps through our doors.
- Non-hierarchical and anti-micromanaging.
- Confident, competent, awesome, and effective therapists – individually and as a team.
- Laser-focused on helping clients live more authentic, empowered, and connected lives.
- Pro-insurance, because everyone should have access to high-quality mental health services.
- Strengths-based, growth-minded, and non-pathologizing, because that’s what good therapy is, period.
- Committed to nurturing a positive work environment built on integrity, vulnerability, transparency, autonomy, and honest communication.
- All about pursuing high-vibe, dynamic, incredible energy for ourselves and our clients.
- Dedicated to maintaining and multiplying our unique culture.
Our Incredible Benefits Package:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO medical insurance (with employer contribution for FT staff)
- 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Short-term disability insurance (aka coverage for maternity leave, among other things)
- Annual CEU stipend (for trainings of your choice)
- 20 free CEU hours per year (provided by our practice)
- Free weekly peer consultation (voluntary, and highly encouraged!)
- Options for staff social gatherings (baseball, dinner, bowling – who knows what’s next!)
- Free liability/malpractice insurance coverage
- Beautiful, furnished office spaces
- Referrals and marketing to build a full caseload
- Ability to create your own hybrid schedule of in-office and telehealth appointments
- Complete schedule autonomy, including day/times worked and client populations served
Benefits are available to administrative and therapy staff, who are W2 employees. Our prescribers are independent contractors and are not eligible for our benefits package.
Our Pay (Because, seriously, #PostThePay):
- Therapy Staff
- 55% – 60% W2 commission rate
- This is the SAME as 65% – 70% independent contractor commission rate. (The 10% difference between the two accounts for payroll taxes, payroll fees, worker’s comp, and MNCare taxes you have to pay yourself as an IC.)
- That percentage equals about $61-$67 per session hour here.
- Prescribing Staff
- 75% – 80% IC commission rate for prescribing staff
- That percentage equals about $289-$308 per session hour.
- And YES, of course we take Medicaid and all the insurance plans, even the lower reimbursing ones. If that doesn’t sit well with you, then we’re not the best fit for you.
- Ask us to send you our handy grid that helps you to choose how much you want to make when working with us!